Thursday, October 2, 2008

Happy Birthday To Boo

Boo's first birthday request was breakfast in bed (I think that's because I get breakfast in bed on my special days). She had waffles with whipped cream, grapes, and orange juice. The birthday card is a flip-o-rama made by Norman.


She received one gift before school, an iDance WALL-E that can connect to her iPod. Here she's watching him dance, and wearing a birthday crown made for her by Norman. It has glitter and says "Birthday Queen"
*** I missed it initially, but the crown also says "Boo" and "I love you, Norman" on the inside. He can be a sweet big brother.


I brought miniature cupcakes (made by Daisy Cakes) to school at lunchtime. It was also her classmate Jackson's birthday, though she turned five and he turned six. This was her first candle of the day.


She opened her presents after both kids were home from school. Note the bow on her forehead. This has become a tradition at birthdays and Christmas, one that we credit to Uncle Nate (such a silly guy).


After that it was time for afternoon "tea, toast. and tray of treaties". We had a few cupcakes remaining from school, so she blew out her second candle of the day. Here she's replaced the bow with a bindi (which she wore until bedtime).


Simon and the kids headed off for a class at the museum. While they were gone, flowers from Grammy & Jim arrived (complete with balloon, bear, and candy), and also a birthday card from Auntie Rachael and family in England. Thus there were more surprises waiting when she returned home.


I finished work early and we headed out to dinner at Elmo's, her second birthday request. She had a hot fudge sundae for desert with three cherries (she usually gets two -- hers and Norman's), and her third candle of the day.


Whew!! That's a lot of celebrating!

No comments: