Saturday, June 12, 2010

Busy Saturday

Simon had to work today, but the kids and I spent it out and about.

First up was Boo's T-ball practice. I brought the good camera, but only took a couple of pictures before the battery died. Sigh. Here they're doing an infield drill, catching a ground ball then throwing to first.


We stopped at home for lunch (I also charged the camera battery), then headed to an open house at Camp Riverlea. The kids will be at camp there for their first time later this summer. We toured the camp, including the nature, boating, and archery areas. Their main building burned recently; it will be rebuilt for next year, but there is a big platform tent (and bathrooms in trailers) set up for this summer. After our tour the kids romped in a sprinkler a bit, which was set out to get some new sod to take.


They also played on the climbing frame, which looks to be made by CedarWorks like ours, though a different/larger configuration. I think they're going to like camp here!


Before we left, Boo had her face painted to make her look like a kitty cat. She already acts like one, meowing and hissing (when she isn't pretending to be Daisy the dog, trying to redirect attention from Snowy to herself).


Back home to for a quick change, then we were off to Norman's baseball practice. It was hot, hot, hot ... until the rain came and cooled us all off. This first picture is obviously a strike, but I believe the second one was a hit (alas, I snapped just a moment too soon).



Tomorrow will be a more relaxing day (I hope), as we just have a Durham Bulls game on tap.

No comments: