Friday, April 23, 2010

Henkes Lunch

I helped out at the first grade Henkes Lunch today, which I also helped out at two years ago when Norman was in first grade. This event is based on the themes in several books by Kevin Henkes: Chrysanthemum, Owen, Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse, Chester's Way, and Julius, the Baby of the World. Once again I made applesauce mini-muffins (one of the book characters likes applesauce cake), which I've made several times in the past two years.

Can you guess which "nifty disguise" is worn by Boo?


The jungle hat, sunglasses, flower lei, and blonde wig (which was apparently too itchy to stay on long, but really helped conceal her identity):


I was more lucid than at last Friday's school event, having managed a few hours sleep after work. I could probably have bailed on set-up, serving, and clean-up, but I'm glad I stayed as this is such a fun lunch for the kids.

No comments: