Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Hedgehog Science

I've been talking to the PS Science Teacher about hedgie since we got him last fall. Mrs. Cohen wanted to meet him once the weather warmed up enough for him to travel. Having successfully visited Norman's classroom, I decided it was time to give it a try with the younger kids. This morning Spike and I dropped by for a visit during Boo's weekly science class. I sat on a small chair with hedgie in my lap and the kids in a circle on the floor in front of me. I talked about him a bit and showed them how he makes a hedgeball. They asked a bunch of questions, then I carried him around for everyone to touch. Boo wanted me to put him on the floor, so I sat him down in his hedgebag then tempted him to come out with some bits of chicken. I had fun, the kids seemed to enjoy it, and Spike behaved quite well in spite of all the noise and new smells.

I will try to get picture/s from Mrs. Cohen to add to this post.

No comments: