Saturday, September 27, 2008

Chuck E. Cheese (again)

Lea-Frances' soccer game was canceled this afternoon since the fields were too wet from our nor'easter. Simon is away at VIR for the weekend, so the kids and I were looking for something to do to get out of the house. We settled on Chuck E. Cheese -- I still find it annoying, but the kids still love going. I tend to treat them when Simon is away; I documented the last time we did this here.

They had a bunch of new arcade games. Both kids liked shooting torpedoes at ships. Norman was better at scoring, but somehow Boo won a 25 ticket bonus.


Norman played a bit of Elvis Presley pinball ...


... and drove the race car you see the edge of beside it.


We couldn't find the Spider Stompin' game (alas, I think it's gone), but Lea-Frances had fun being up in the air. She rode the clock a couple of times.


And also did the balloon bicycle a couple of times. It's hard work pedaling fast enough to stay up in the air, especially with (relatively) short legs.


They rode and drove and shot and threw and pedaled and played ..., then we exchanged our tickets for prizes and bought cotton candy for the drive home.

No comments: