Sunday, September 14, 2008
Kindergarten Parent Visit
On Tuesday, Simon and I went to Lea-Frances' class to tell them a little about ourselves. We had to do this when Norman was in Kindergarten too, and it's both interesting and intimidating. You get to talk/present for about 10 minutes about your job, a hobby, or anything else about yourself that you want to share. Two years ago Simon talked about being an auto mechanic, and I read them my favorite book from childhood -- Dorrie and the Blue Witch. This year we decided on a joint presentation about camping in general, and Lucy in particular. I printed several campsite photos from our summer trip, and Simon hitched up Lucy. We started out in the classroom where I talked about some of the reasons we enjoy camping: traveling to different places, making s'mores, fun campground activities like mini golf and canoeing, side trips like our tour of Philadelphia, and just relaxing. Then I told them that we didn't camp in a tent, but took our "house on wheels" with us instead. Simon talked a little about Lucy and what makes her so special, then the class followed us outside where he gave them a quick tour. Here's a photo of the group, taken by Mrs. Vann as the kids were getting ready to head back to class.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment