Saturday, September 20, 2008
Car Woes
My 1995 Mazda 626 was having clutch problems this week. Fortunately I'm married to a mechanic! He spent about $100 on parts and fixed her on Thursday morning. We've been contemplating a new car for a while, but I can't find any that appeal to me. Probably because I think all cars should get 30/40 MPG, not just the hybrids. Not that I have anything against hybrids, but they're pricey, and Simon is concerned about how well the technology will hold up. We were considering a Yaris, but they're just not available; we could put down a deposit, but we'd have to take whatever the dealer gets. Most likely this wouldn't be the base model we want, but one with lots of unwanted extras to jack up the price. I'm now contemplating a VW Jetta TDI. Perhaps ... but for now I can keep on driving 'Hot Burn Car'.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment