Saturday, June 7, 2008

Chuck E. Cheese

One of the most annoying places I've ever been -- it's crowded and loud, the food is bad, you have to keep track of tokens and tickets, the prizes are cheap ... But the kids absolutely love going. Mostly because of the wide assortment of arcade games, but also for those cheap prizes. I took them as a treat this afternoon since Simon is away at VIR for the weekend and we're all missing him.

Norman likes the shooting games ...


... and also the driving games.


Lea-Frances' favorite game is Spider Stompin'.


I lost her up here once when she was younger. She disappeared while I was helping Norman play a game, and he and I wandered the floor looking for her. Just as I was getting frantic, I heard her calling. Norman climbed up and helped her find her way out of the maze. Fortunately she doesn't get lost in there anymore.

1 comment:

Nessa Borealis said...

I wondered where on your very cool blog I should comment back to you, and then I realized this is the perfect spot. I, too, despise Chuck E. Cheese. And I say that living hours away from the nearest one! Your blog described all that bad-tasting, lights-flashing, deafening chaos perfectly! As well as capturing children's fascination with the whole experience. :) Anyway, I appreciated your comment on my blog, and I'm so glad to hear your career is in a good place right now, too! I remember the last time we saw you, you were deliberating about these issues. Congrats, and I hope we see you sometime soon! BTW, I am the mother of a high-school graduate, GAAAAAH!!!!