Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

We had a busy day today because the kids wanted to do everything as part of our Father's Day celebration. First we had waffles with strawberries and whipped cream for breakfast. (Simon makes me pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream for our anniversary every year, which the kids insist on having for other "Mommy celebrations" as well. And now "Daddy celebrations" too. Today was a twist since I prefer making waffles.) Then came the gifts. Homemade cards of course, but also flowers (another "Mommy celebration" tradition), and Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA. Yes, you read that correctly, the kids wanted to give Daddy flowers and beer for Father's Day. I added a few other gifts to the mix: a Starbuck's card, a swim shirt and trunks, and a valet to hold the change, washers, drill bits, watch, and other assorted items on his nightstand. Lea-Frances was awake way too early this morning, so she was whiny and poorly-behaved most of the afternoon. Sigh. I made chocolate muffins for teatime with a little help from Norman. I wish I had time to bake more often, as homemade treats are so much yummier than packaged fare. And since waffles and muffins weren't enough good food, we ate dinner at Elmo's Diner, one of our favorite family eateries. Here's Simon, feeling the love while modeling his new swim togs:

1 comment:

MeganZ said...

Hey Francine! Nice to meet you! And thanks so much for stopping by the blog! Your kids are very cute...