
This year the first grade teachers decided to forgo edible treats for birthdays, and ask the kids to donate a book to their classroom instead. Boo chose A Bad Case of Stripes, by David Shannon. I read it to the class while they were finishing their lunch. I spite of (or perhaps because of) all the Unity Day hoopla, it was a special day at school for Boo.

She had dance/gymnastics after school, so it was tea time once the kids arrived home. She opened a few presents, took a break to have cake, then opened the rest of her gifts. She'd asked for a Dirt Cake (crushed Oreos layered with a pudding, Cool Whip, butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar mixture), which is what we made for Simon's birthday this year as well.

I think her favorite gift was a campfire/s'more set for her dolls. I'd showed it to her online, but she didn't know she was getting it for her birthday.

Here she's discovered that it lights up AND plays campfire songs. Exciting!

After unwinding a bit, we headed out to dinner at Elmo's where the kids had their usual meals: Chocolate Chip Pancake for Norman, Noodles with Cheese and a side of Grits for Boo.

And of course Hot Fudge Sundaes for desert (with extra cherries and a candle for Boo).






No comments:
Post a Comment