Friday, August 28, 2009

Deer Herd

The first graders got out of school early this week so that they (and their parents) could practice the carpool procedures. Thus I picked Boo up first, then went back for Norman later. When she and I were driving home this afternoon, there was a herd of deer in the yard diagonally across the road. We drove past slowly, trying to count them all as they eyed us warily and munched on the grass. I grabbed a camera once we were home, then headed to the top of the driveway and took a few pictures with the zoom lens (100-300mm).


We counted ten deer total, including one buck and two to four fawns (hard to tell since they were old enough to be losing their spots). You can see the buck and two fawns in this picture.


Eventually they ambled across the road one or two at a time and headed down Miss Jane's driveway and into the woods. Heading back to Duke Forest, no doubt.

No comments: