The second part of our trip was spent in Maine.
The kids were excited that there was snow (though not really that much). They spent quite a bit of time constructing forts in the yard and throwing snowballs, and even made a small snowman.
We went to Newcastle to visit George and Arlene Cole (Gramie Margie's parents) and get a Christmas tree. Here we are traipsing through the woods.
Snowy said brrrr.
Norman and Lea-Frances helped cut down the tree they chose.
A multi-generational photo: kids through great-grandparents enjoying cookies and cocoa.
Uncle Nate and Cousin Devin came for dinner one night, so we took pictures of Grand-Pere with his grandchildren. It was harder than you'd think to get all three kids sitting still and looking at the camera. This is my favorite shot of the series,
though this one comes in a close second. Goofballs!
I had my first killer migraine on December 24th, and spent most of the day in bed. Apparently I missed a lot of fun, as the kids went sledding, ate snow with maple syrup, and helped decorate the Christmas tree.
I spent Christmas Eve hanging out with a couple of high school classmates, who I've actually known since grade school. Kari and Mary are both incredible ladies, and I had a blast reconnecting with them until the wee hours of Christmas morning.
Christmas itself was fun but fast, as we flew home that day. But not before opening presents.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
















No comments:
Post a Comment