We arrived home late last night, driving from the airport as the rain/snow mix was turning to snow. So today we finished our Christmas celebration. The kids asked for a Wii for Christmas months ago. I agreed, but told them that would be their only present from us. Well, that plus extra controllers and a stack of games. :-) I didn't bother to wrap any of it, since we don't have a tree to put presents under. Instead Simon made clues like our Easter egg hunt, and they followed them from one game to the next until they found the console itself. I slept through all the fun; the kids woke me around 8:00, all excited to have the Wii. Then they spent most of the day on the sofa playing games.
But not all of the day, since there was snow on the ground to be played in. We also had to shovel the driveway and take a trip to the store for perishables, as we'd pretty much cleaned out the fridge before our trip. I spent the rest of the day unpacking and made a dent in the mountain of dirty laundry we brought home, so it was nice to have the kids occupied. We ate our traditional Christmas Dinner fondue tonight, since we were in the air at dinnertime yesterday. I didn't think to take pictures of the kids playing Wii, or playing in the snow, but I did grab the camera as we were finishing dinner. By this point we'd finished the beer-cheese fondue and moved on to chocolate fondue. Yum!
Sunday, December 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment