Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor-Free Day

Or as labor-free as a day can be when you have two young children. The start of this weekend was pretty typical of most weekends, with lots to get done. But Simon had today off from work, so we decided to kick back and have a bit of a stay-cation. Last night we all slept in Lucy, parked in our side yard. I'd prepared cinnamon rolls yesterday evening using a King Arthur Flour mix, which I baked for breakfast (just like at Christmas, but without the tree-shaped pan).


Simon suggested going for a bike ride, but the kids wanted to drive radio controlled cars instead. They headed up the road to use the school's parking lot, while I worked on a sewing project. After lunch we played a rousing game of Monopoly, with me then Simon going bankrupt before Boo eventually cruised to victory over Norman (while spending a lot of time in jail).

It's back to our regular routine tomorrow, though only a three day school week for the kids as they have Thursday off for Rosh Hashanah.

No comments: