Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Simon and the kids made me breakfast in bed, which they delivered at 8:00. Around 8:30 I was reminded that my pancakes were growing cold, so I sat up and ate them while the kids gave me cards and a stack of pictures drawn by Boo. After that I went back to sleep until about 11:00. Sweet! Then it was back to regular life, including laundry and a quick trip to the grocery store. I took Lea-Frances to her soccer game, while Simon took Norman to his Cub Scout den meeting (fishing!). After the kids were in bed, I made applesauce muffins for a third grade bake sale. Another day in the life of a mother, who lamely forgot to call and wish her own mother a "Happy Mother's Day".

The kids made me these (nifty, but fragile) Mother's Day Roses from a kit at the LEGO Festival.

No comments: