We went to the BrickMagic Festival for LEGO Fans in Raleigh today. I shouldn't have bothered to purchase the special preview tickets, as the exhibit hall was the only thing to do during those first two hours (despite films and a "private preview event" being listed in the schedule). It was nice to see the exhibits without the crowds, but I could have used more sleep. Here are some pictures from the exhibit hall:
We also watched BrickFilms (animated fan-produced films that utilize LEGO elements), saw videos of the BrickMagic Car Race and Boat Race, learned about customizing minifigures and accessories using decals, assembled Mother's Day Rose Kits, and perused the vendor tables. There was far more demand for the workshops than supply (both in terms of facilities and materials), but fortunately the kids were content to re-watch the films.
The guest of honor was professional LEGO artist, Nathan Sawaya. He had a small display of some of his work, which I think is pretty cool.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
















No comments:
Post a Comment