Yesterday was Field Day at the Lower School, a morning full of fun, outdoor PE-type activities. I'd volunteered to help out back in September, long before I started working nights at the sleep study again. Fortunately, volunteering at Field Day is something that can be done on no sleep! Unfortunately, with an early school dismissal I had no chance to sleep until Simon came home for dinner. It was a long day!
First and second graders were on the field first. I manned the "streamers", which meant lots of untangling when there were many kids running around waving streamers (often two, three, or four at a time). There were lulls with little activity too, like close to the end when it was just me and Boo.
Third and fourth graders were out next. This time I helped with the "water" relays, several relay races involving a wading pool full of water. I didn't see Norman at all, but I do have pictures of Boo doing one of the relays earlier (taken when there was a lull in the streamers). The goal of this game was to be the first team to fill a canister by pouring water from a paper cup down a pipe with holes. Wet!
Saturday, May 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment