I'd written a brief placeholder for our annual Memorial Day weekend trip to Wilmington so I could sort out all the pictures, then completely forgot about finishing it. Since this post was written long after the fact, it's going to be short on details. I'll try to make up for the lack of words with plenty of pictures.
Saturday:
On Saturday we visited the USS North Carolina Battleship. Each year we manage to see a bit more of the tour before the kids peter out. Here are a few of my favorite pictures of us posing aboard the ship.
The kids went for a swim in the pool before dinner ...
... then after dinner we made s'mores.
Sunday:
On Sunday we headed to the beach. We went to Fort Fisher State Park since they allow dogs and we wanted to bring Snowy along. Unfortunately he didn't like the ocean, and he got all sandy, and I had to sit with him and make sure he stayed in the shade, but he loved seeing all the other dogs there. And the kids liked the little shelled creatures they found burrowing in the sand. Not sure what they're called, but the kids were fascinated.
Simon took some nice pictures of them romping in the surf:
Definitely a fun trip to the beach (though it would have been more fun if I wasn't stuck with dog sitting duty). We finished up the day with s'mores after dinner again, because that's what camping is all about.
Monday:
Snowy had a bath on Monday morning to wash off all the sand he acquired at the beach.
Then we had a yummy waffle breakfast before packing up and heading home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




































No comments:
Post a Comment