I received a call from the school nurse this morning. We managed to come out unscathed during the last infestation, but weren't so lucky this time. They found a nit on Boo, and since they have a no nit policy, I had to come pick her up. It was an itsy bitsy nit, as you might be able to see here - they taped the hair to a little sheet of paper (which I've photographed with a nickel for size comparison).
After a call to the pediatrician's office, we headed out in search of Nix. Then it was time for a shampoo, treatment, and lots of combing with a nit comb. Not fun with her curly hair. Fortunately I think they caught it early, since I didn't see anything else that I was certain was a nit. The rest of the afternoon was not much more fun, as I vacuumed her bedroom, cleaned her bedding, and bagged anything that couldn't be washed. On the bright side, not only do we have the weekend to make sure she's nit-free, but Monday is a school vacation day. Hopefully all will be well and she can return to school on Tuesday morning having only missed half a day of school.
UPDATE: No nits found when they checked her on Tuesday, so hopefully we've seen the last of them for this go-round.
Friday, October 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment