Saturday, April 11, 2009

Nesting Material

Norman recently earned his Cub Scout Wolf badge (I'll post a picture once I get it sewn onto his uniform) and is now working on electives to earn Arrow Points. There are six electives related to birds:
a. Make a list of all the birds you saw in a week and tell where you saw them (field, forest, marsh, yard, or park).
b. Put out nesting material (short pieces of yarn and string) for birds and tell which birds might use it.
c. Read a book about birds.
d. Point out 10 different kinds of birds (5 may be from pictures).
e. Feed wild birds and tell which birds you fed.
f. Put out a birdhouse and tell which birds use it.
We'd done all but the second task, which we completed today. I found some yarn to cut into pieces, and we also put out raw cotton that Norman brought home from his science class months ago. We put them near the porch where we saw a robin collecting straw a couple of days ago, and added a few pine needles and more bits of straw for good measure.

No comments: