Friday, April 3, 2009

English Tea Party

Thursday was the kindergarten's third themed country party, an English Tea Party. I helped plan/host this event, which kept me busy during the week. I brought homemade current scones, trifle, turkey sandwiches (which Simon made), crisps, and my china teacups and saucers. I didn't think to take a picture of any of the food I prepared, but here's a picture of Boo with a trifle I made in February as part of her research project about English Food. Yum!


The theme was very formal, with real china and silver on the table. The parent volunteers served as waitstaff, wearing white tops with black bottoms and aprons. We served sandwiches and poured tea, and the kids ate and ate.


Because it was a formal event, the kids dressed up in "fancy" attire. In addition to practicing good manners, the boys escorted the girls into the classroom and to their seats. Here's Boo on the arm of an especially dapper classmate.

No comments: