Sunday, April 26, 2009
Kenyan Food
Boo has done a research project for each of the countries studied in school (Mexico, Japan, England, and now Kenya), creating a poster on a given topic and then giving an oral report in class. She chose FOOD for her England topic, and we cooked various dishes and took pictures of her with them for the poster. She must have enjoyed it as she chose FOOD again for Kenya. I know a lot more about English food that I do about Kenyan food, but a search of the internet proved helpful. Simon did the cooking, and we actually had everything on hand we needed except for a tomato. Here's Boo enjoying her Kenyan dinner of Githeri (corn and bean stew with chicken), Ugali (cornmeal mush), Kunde (black-eyed peas and tomatoes) and Irio (mashed potatoes, peas, and corn). Our printer doesn't always create nice photos, so I'm waiting for quick prints from Target so she and I can create her poster this afternoon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment