Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day

Norman has been bringing home "Cootie Catchers" from school recently, folded by one of his classmates. I found a kit with decorative paper and heart stickers to make a Valentine version. We decided to turn them into fortune tellers, with messages like HEALTH, WEALTH, LOVE, and LUCK inside. I printed the fortune messages from the computer onto address labels and wrote the color names on hearts (tiny lettering is just too difficult for young fingers), but the kids wrote numbers on their hearts and Norman folded some as well. He was thrilled to learn how to make them himself. The purple one was a sample I made to show the kids what we would be creating, along with those the kids chose to keep -- Norman's is silver and gold while Boo's is pink and red, though you probably figured that out from the numbers.


It took a lot of time and Mommy help to create 40 of these (20 for Norman's classmates and teachers, 19 for Boo's classmates and teachers, and 1 sample), but as you can see they're very happy with the end product.

No comments: