Monday, February 2, 2009

Giving Tree

It was a teacher workday, so the kids were home from school today. Since the public schools were in session, we used this opportunity to bring some of their old books to Westminster (where they both attended preschool). They collect children's books for Durham DSS, for kids to read in their waiting room and also to take home. I had originally been planning to drop the books off myself, but Norman decided to do it for his Lower School Community Activity. As part of the school's "Look Back, But March Forward" MLK celebration, each student has been asked to do a simple act of kindness for family, friends, the school, or the community. They were given a leaf outline to describe their act of kindness, which will be displayed in the lobby on several "Giving Trees".


I expect to pass through life but once.
If therefore, there be any kindness I can show,
or any good thing I can do to any fellow being,
let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it,
as I shall not pass this way again.
~ William Penn ~

No comments: