I was surprised to see our humane mouse trap closed this morning as it has been unseasonably warm here, not really mouse-in-house weather. Simon and I both thought someone must have kicked it accidentally, which often happens in its current location. However, there was indeed a mouse inside. We've had a couple in the old-fashioned snap traps, but this was our first live catch since
this and
this in late November. We all got dressed then took it into the woods out back for release.

This was a very scared grey mouse, as opposed to last time's lightning-fast brown mouse. It stood still while I snapped a couple of pictures, then turned and dashed up a big tree nearby. The kids stood giggling and angling for a good view as the mouse scurried up and up, at least 30 feet up. I've never seen a mouse climb a tree before, though it's probably perfectly normal.
No comments:
Post a Comment