Thursday, December 11, 2008

Very Beary Bedtime Bash

Today I helped out with a themed second grade hot lunch. It probably should have been called the Very Beary Brunch Bash; the kids came in pajamas but ate breakfast foods. Ah well, I don't name these things I just help make them happen. It's a long story, but I wound up being tasked with decorating the "pod" between the classrooms where the food would be served. The directions were pretty vague - ceiling, tulle, night sky ... So I spend several nights planning, cutting, and sewing (by hand, ugh!). I created two tulle panels (supported by painted dowels) with silver stars and spangles to drape across two pairs of lights, plus a yellow felt moon with a purchased beanie bear to be hung beneath a long starry silk scarf that we own. I consider myself to be crafty but not "crafty", but it turned out okay. Unfortunately it was nearly impossible to take a picture that captured the full effect.


Here's a closeup of the bear, who is dangling near the center of the photo above. Forget crescent moons, this is a banana moon.


And here's Norman in his striped pajamas going through the serving line.

No comments: