Spike was a bit grumpy today. Well, he's usually pretty grumpy - grumpier than usual would be a better description. I think he's quilling (losing his baby quills, which usually happens between 8-12 weeks). I'd read that a warm bath can help with potentially sore skin and Boo really wanted to give him a bath. So ... we put a bit of water in the bathroom sink, found the bottle of Aveeno body wash, grabbed the toothbrushes purchased for this purpose ... and gave it a try. I'd also read that there is a very good chance hedgie will poop in his bath water, probably more than once. Yup. The expression "scared shitless" comes to mind. (Yes, I bleached the sink after we finished.) Poor little guy, he definitely did not enjoy being in the water. And Boo's brushing was probably a bit too vigorous for his sore skin.

He made a nice hedgeball while I was drying him off, made even nicer by the fact that he is squeeky clean with no excrement caked on his quills anywhere (usually the result of relieving himself while running on his wheel). I'll spare you more poop stories, though it's often the topic of conversation in our household since Spike arrived. Boo has even taken to reading
Everyone Poops again, which she's pretty much ignored since she was potty trained almost three years ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment