Since we won't be here for Christmas, we decided not to set up and decorate our big Christmas tree. (Actually
I decided to spare myself all the extra work; the kids wanted a big tree.) Not wanting to be a complete Scrooge/Grinch, I put up the little 24" tree that we've been setting up in Lucy. In keeping with the "spare myself extra work" motto, I didn't dig out any of our decorations. There was a little bit of silver star garland left over from my nighttime sky crafting. Norman made a star for the top of the tree using construction paper, markers, and tape. Boo and I bought a box of candy canes since she loves to eat them, and I purchased a set of felt ornaments I had my eye on.

My brother Warren provided the best decorations though, sending us a gift of four different hedgehog ornaments. They'll be harder to spot on our big tree, but this year they are the highlight of our little tree.



No comments:
Post a Comment