Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Hot, Hot, Hot

Not sure if it will get any hotter today or not, but we're already at record-breaking heat: "The temperature at Raleigh-Durham International Airport has hit 101 degrees, beating the existing July 7 record of 100 degrees." Not that I expect any sympathy, since most of the East Coast is broiling. According to the same article on wral.com, "It's a heat wave even in the Northeast, where meteorologists define one as three consecutive days of temperatures of 90 or above. Newark, N.J., handily beat that threshold Tuesday, hitting 100 for the third day in a row. ... Daily records were set in New York, where it hit 103, and in Philadelphia, where it reached 102."


Perhaps I should be grateful I'm here in Durham and not further north.

7:05PM UPDATE: Yes, it did get hotter. The new record high for July 7th is 102ยบ.

No comments: