Friday, January 22, 2010

Happy Birthday Grand-Pere

I baked a cake this morning, and Norman helped me frost it after school while Boo was at dance/gymnastics. We made it triple-chocolate by sprinkling chocolate chips on top. Norman asked if we could put the candles on, but I told him it would have to wait until we were ready to eat since they wouldn't fit under the cake-keeper cover. He then asked me to make sure we had 73 candles! I explained how difficult it was when we put 60 candles on a cake for Grand-Pere's 60th birthday -- I definitely need to dig out that video tape to share. He decided we could use seven and three number candles instead, so we swung by the grocery store before picking Boo up.


We made a speaker-phone call after dinner. Unfortunately we had a terrible crackling connection, so I'm not sure if Grand-Pere heard much of our rousing rendition of Happy Birthday. Here they are singing ...


... and blowing out his candles.


Happy Birthday Grand-Pere!

No comments: