The third grade had a hot lunch today, which I was stuck coordinating. (I put my name on the first line when volunteering, knowing this would put me in charge for Norman's class. I then discovered that each class is responsible for one of the lunches, and I was the "lucky recipient" of the overall chairmanship position.) Ugh! I am so relieved that it is over. I was stressed for weeks over trying to pull it all together. Fortunately it went well -- the volunteers did their part, the kids ate the food, there were no shortages and only a little excess, and we were under budget. Still, I have no desire to do that ever again (memo to self: never sign on the top line again).
I was busy with set-up and serving, and forgot to take any pictures until it was nearly over. Here's Norman eating his post-lunch ice cream, which the school provides every Friday. He's in pajamas because the theme was "Breakfast for Lunch".
Menu:Biscuitville Scrambled Egg Biscuits
Turkey Sausage Patties
Applesauce Mini Muffins (~350, fran-made)
Assorted Fruit
Orange Juice
No comments:
Post a Comment