Monday, November 2, 2009

Hedgie Cleaning

Simon and I bathed Spike yesterday evening. He was looking a bit poopy, and was also in need of a nail trim. We've discovered this works best while he's in the water, otherwise he curls into a ball when we try. He paddled around in the shallow water while I washed his quills with Aveno and his (tooth)brush.


The sides of the sink are too steep and slippery for him to escape, but he always tries to scramble up them.


Simon did the nail trimming, since my near vision is declining (probably time for reading glasses). Here he's showing me how he wants me to hold Spike so that he can get a good angle.


Surprisingly, Spike didn't ball up even though he was out of the water. He did get squirmy though, and was set down for a bit of paddling between feet. Nail trimming is definitely the hardest part of hedgehog care, but I think we've finally got the hang of it.

No comments: