Simon is away at The Southeast Electric Flight Festival (SEFF), but the kids and I saw our first Durham Bulls game of the season tonight. They've reached an age where we can stay through the end of the game without a meltdown, and they both follow what's happening on the field. As much as they enjoy the game though, I think they like the ballpark food even more. And I let them eat everything they wanted, including two giant pretzels each (yes, bribing them into behaving so that I don't have a meltdown while solo parenting).
The weather almost didn't cooperate, as we had a line of strong storms move through. This is what the field looked like when the game was supposed to start.
Fortunately it was a fast moving system, and almost through at that point. It took the grounds crew about an hour to prepare the field, and everything was good to go.
Boo was howling at the moon, which is very close to full.
Saturday, April 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment