I'm finally caught up in the Block-A-Palooza quilt-along (previous post here)! Woo Hoo! Here are the three blocks that I completed this weekend.
Block #8 (Basket of Geese):
Yes, I finally took the time to dig out my fusible interfacing and do the applique. I would have been totally intimidated by this if I hadn't done the pinafore challenge last fall. I even tried the applique stitch on my sewing machine this time, since the shapes were simple. It may not be perfect, but this block makes me smile.
Block #13 (unnamed):
Aside from a few of the geese points in Block #3, my accuracy has been pretty good so far -- until Block #13. The lines aren't straight in the outer framing made by the grey swirl pieces (looking closely at the original design, it doesn't have clean lines either). Lots of pictures submitted to the Flikr stream are darn near perfect, so perhaps I should have tweaked my seam allowances to try and line things up better. No time to fiddle with it, so I'll have to settle for what I have.
Block #14 (Follow the Leader!):
Fourteen down, two to go!
Sunday, March 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment