We all said our goodbyes to Spike yesterday. He was too weak to protest being held, so the kids were able to sit with him in their laps and stroke his back. I fed him chicken before I went to bed, but he was having a hard time even lifting his head to eat. He was very weak this morning - couldn't roll up at all, left his quills pretty much flat, and hardly even protested vocally about being handled (yesterday he at least clicked and popped) - so the kids and I took him to the vet and had him euthanized. Sadness all around.
Saying goodbye to a pet is never easy. Boo drew pictures on our Magna-Doodles yesterday: Spike walking on his shavings, and rolled into a ball.
And Norman decorated the lid of our shoebox coffin when we returned from the vet this morning.
Thursday, August 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment