Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Long and Winding Road

I took more pictures when I picked the kids up from school, but then it was so sunny that they just squinted at me with wrinkled-up faces. I could have chosen a shaded spot, but wanted to get a picture of them with "our" street sign.


Every year DA auctions off naming rights to the street that runs from the side of the school to the back parking lots. I won this last fall, and gave it to the family as a Christmas present. We'll get to keep the sign when they put a new one up next spring. Usually it's named after the child/ren in the family that won, but we wanted to do something creative. We tossed ideas around and settled on this:
The long and winding road that leads to your door
Will never disappear
I've seen that road before
It always leads me here, lead me your door
The kids know it's the name of a song, and since it's a short and winding road they think it's funny. But I think they understand the deeper meaning too, that it's a long and winding road from the Lower School to graduation from DA.

No comments: