Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sharing Space

The cats had been confined to the master bedroom due to spraying issues downstairs a couple of years ago. Now that we're down to one cat (and can be certain who's to blame if we see the problem again), we've been letting Copper out of the bedroom in the evenings. Snowy thinks Cooper is great, while Cooper isn't so sure about Snowy.

Last night I was reading on the couch with Snowy in my lap. Cooper jumped up on the couch and hissed, so I put him back on the floor. A few minutes later Copper jumped on the back of the couch and started to walk behind me. I snuggled Snowy to keep him from trying to climb up to the cat. Cooper seized the opportunity to slink around me and quickly settle in my lap. We sat like that for about half an hour; so much for reading. I called Norman to come take some pictures, and cropped his results from landscape to portrait (was tempted to crop out my unglamorous face as well).

Cooper checking out Norman:


Snowy checking out Cooper's swishing tail:


And a close up of Snowy because Norman couldn't resist his cuteness:


And yes, Cooper is bigger than Snowy, it's not just an illusory difference caused by perspective. I think he outweighs him by about 4:1.

No comments: