Saturday, July 5, 2008
Fireworks
Our local news website says "Dangerous thunderstorms that moved into the area late Friday forced organizers to postpone fireworks shows." While that is technically correct, I would like to add that Mother Nature put on an incredible display of her own in their place. It started around 9:00, shortly after both kids were asleep, and about 30 minutes before local fireworks were set to go off: lightning, thunder, strong wind swaying the trees, and rain coming down in sheets. We lost power fairly quickly and it wasn't restored until about 3am. It was out again today from about noon to 4pm, as crews continued to work on downed trees and power lines. I have videos from yesterday at the pool that I was planning to post, but couldn't due to the lack of power. I can hear thunder rumbling as I type, so I may not be able to get them posted tonight either. Alas. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the power stays on this time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment