Thursday, May 29, 2008
The Muffin Fran
Norman's first grade class had a Newspaper Breakfast this morning, featuring their own newspaper, The Wild West News. I was one of the parent volunteers who provided the breakfast. My contribution was mini muffins. LOTS of mini muffins. I baked a large batch of applesauce muffins on Tuesday night, then three other varieties last night ... and early this morning. I finally finished around 1:00am. Total baked: roughly 18 dozen -- six dozen applesauce, three dozen dark chocolate, five dozen chocolate chip, and four dozen blueberry (about a dozen of which were mangled trying to remove them from the pan at 1:00am). Students, parents, and teachers consumed three dozen of each variety, including some left in the teacher workroom. That means we have six dozen mini muffins to eat! Well, had. We ate some of the applesauce muffins at teatime yesterday, and Lea-Frances and I have both been into the muffins since we returned home. Fortunately we all love muffins and they are all yummy (even those that were mangled).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment