Sunday, June 3, 2012

Dance Showcase

Lea-Frances has been taking tap classes since last fall. This weekend her dance studio put on their Spring Showcase. Her class tapped to "Puttin' on the Ritz". I don't have pictures from during the performance, though I ordered the official DVD so I will eventually have video. She complained about the costume (something about it being both pink AND feathery), but I think she looked adorable. And she danced adorably too.

Here she is after the performance, in the lobby of Reynold's Auditorium at Duke.


I tried taking pictures outside with the stone building as a backdrop, but it was just too sunny. Her eyes were all squinty in most of those shots, but I love this picture of her shielding her eyes as we decided to give up and move elsewhere.


Fortunately there is a shaded area with benches nearby. Here's her final pose at the end of the dance.


Time to take off the tap shoes and relax.


Well, almost time. Okay mom, I'll indulge you with a few more photos ...


... and wait patiently for people to walk by so they aren't in the background.


Then we headed home for dinner, with a special chocolate cream pie for desert. Yum!

No comments: